Friday, October 5, 2012

Babylon Halal Food - SW 5th and Stark - Lamb over Rice

Today, I ventured up Stark to obtain funds-n-food, and was disappointed to learn that my latest reviewed cart, the Filipino-food-based Kula Kart, has closed and *might* return in the spring.

I continued on toward SW 5th, where a new Cuban cart, Havana Heaven, has emerged at the corner (A post about this cart is soon to follow, I just haven't typed it up yet) - then continued on to where El Cubo de Cuba once was, to find it replaced with Babylon Halal Food.

It's their second day, and the menu is still handwritten in marker.
Immediately, I was drawn to the Lamb over Rice dish, because I do love myself some lamb. They have hummus, gyros, salads, etc.
The guys inside were very friendly, and quick. I had my food about two minutes after placing the order. It was served with hummus, a fresh warm pita, salad, and tzatziki sauce. PLENTY of food. $8.

The lamb was cooked medium, and was very tasty. I took turns dipping bits of it in hummus and tzatziki as I shoveled it into my mouth. Really hit the spot. Good stuff.
I'd imagine they'll be solidifying the menu more as they become established (some of the menu had been crossed off and changed a bit) - good food, and quickly. That always helps at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment