Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Steak Jaffle - Jaffles and Wraps at SW 2nd and Stark

A cart that has apparently been around for a while has moved into my Carthood, at SW 2nd and Stark - Jaffles and Wraps.
Apparently, these are an Australian thing, very much like the product of those handy sandwich press machines you see on late night TV, but made with a "Jaffle Iron"- Take two pieces of buttered bread, put your choice of savory and/or sweet stuff in the middle, iron together, and voila -- a Jaffle.
The prices are quite reasonable, my steak and grilled veggies Jaffle was $5. As I walked up to order, the guy behind the counter was just putting one in the package and it was exactly what I'd ordered - so I had my Jaffle in hand within 30 seconds of looking at the menu.

There's the finished product.

There are breakfast style egg and cheese Jaffles, artichoke and chicken, BBQ chicken, grilled cheese with tomato -- as well as sweeter concoctions like PB&J, Peanut Butter and Banana, or fruit-filled Jaffles.

There it is busted open, a decently stuffed concoction.

For larger appetites, wraps are available, same ingredients, but in a tortilla instead.
The Steak and Veggies Jaffle was delicious, had some nice kick (thanks to the pineapple and habanero sauce inside) - I might go for the wrap next time -- this is a meal, but I think I could have eaten a little bit more... or maybe I should have paired it with a PB&J Jaffle, which rings in at $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment