Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today, Pulled Pork from Touchdown BBQ


I decided to wander up to the pods on SW 9th/10th between Alder and Washington today to look around. As I walked down 10th, a lovely and smiling lady offered me a sample of pulled pork, and extolled the virtues of their 'made fresh, right here' baked beans, coleslaw, and corn bread. SOLD. I guess wandering around the whole pod to decide what I wanted will have to wait another day. It was wonderful.

They were running a special on the pulled pork and two sides, $7.95.

Offerings include many standard Southern dishes, ribs, chicken, etc.
The pulled pork was delicious, tender, not too sweet, not too spicy. The coleslaw was tangy and crisp, and the baked beans were some of the best I've experienced in quite some time.
I could sense they were delighted to serve up their food, and after the sampling I had, I can see why. I'm anxious to try their cornbread and ribs on my next visit.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/touchdowns-portland

No comments:

Post a Comment