Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The People's Pig is BACK! SW 10th and Washington

With much excitement, I am able to report that it wasn't just a rumor --- Cliff Allen, the man behind one of my favorite food carts ever, The People's Pig - has reopened... as... The People's Pig! It's changed a tad, they're now offering beef, chicken, and pork sandwiches.

As I walked up, he was dishing out some grilled peaches and porchetta, which he gave me a sample of. Incredibly delicious combination I'd have never thought of.


I was a regular customer almost immediately when this cart appeared, originally at SW 2nd and Stark, and then moved to SW 9th and Alder. That location had been closed for a few months, and now they're located right next to the Eurotrash cart on the corner of SW 10th and Washington.

Here's Cliff,
working on some chicken and broccoli:



I tell you, this man is an artist.

Since I am very familiar with his extraordinary Porchetta sandwiches, he suggested I try the beef today, and I put up no argument.


Behold, a very fine beef sandwich, indeed.
The roll was toasted and had a great texture, the beef had a slightly smokey flavor to it, and was cooked just right, with pink in all the right places. Tender, delicious, addictive. I keep trying to write this blog, but I have to stop and have another bite.

Check out The People's Pig. Hands down, one of the best carts in Portland, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment