Friday, August 24, 2012

Sometimes, you have a not-so-good experience at a food cart...

I've been accused at times of having nothing but good things to say about the food carts I visit. Admittedly, I am a picky eater in the first place, and I also tend to only want to talk about something that stands out, more often than not, in a positive light.

Since this is a blog about my experiences eating from carts, today I'll blog about BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Today's experience is nice and fresh in my mind.

It's even more irritating when it's from a cart you once gave a glowing review to.

Most of the Portland food cart pods are downtown. People who work here are their main customers. We have time constraints, we go to carts because you can pick your food up and get back to where you came from without the whole process or entering an establishment, waiting to be seated, ordering a drink while perusing the menu, you get the point. Carts are a convenience for those of us with short lunch breaks.

I don't care how good your food is,
DO NOT leave a potential customer sitting at your cart's window for 8 whole minutes without acknowledging their existence. 8 minutes without ONCE looking up from what you're doing to see what's going on, if you have a line, someone with a question, whatever.

I had raved about the gyro I had from Yo-Yo and Lefty's here: Yo-Yo and Lefty's.

They have a sign proclaiming "Good food takes time" -- perhaps it does, but 3 seconds of acknowledgement isn't much to ask, is it?

I ended up walking away in frustration, and getting my gyro fix from another cart.
~~
The cart is now called Nikki and Lefty's, I'm not sure what the story is behind the name and slight menu change, but I'll be getting my gyros elsewhere from this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment