Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Best Gyro Ever - Yo-Yo and Lefty's - SW 3rd and Stark



I spent the weekend in Salt Lake City, and went to lunch with a friend, right before flying home, at a Mediterranean restaurant she frequents - which got me craving lamb, despite the fact that I had a shrimp based dish at the time.

I knew there was a 'newer' Greek cart not even a block from where I work, and decided I would check it out -- this cart is Yo-Yo and Lefty's.

Run by some people who used to work at Berbati's Pan, authentic Greek is their intent.

The gyros are not made with the common style schawarma; but rather with thick, juicy, mouthwatering chunks of leg of lamb - cooked medium rare, nice and tender.
These things are HUGE. You may pay a dollar or two more for a gyro here than at other carts, but it's well worth it.

Fresh onions, tomato, Tzatziki sauce - the pita bread was toasted, and lamb cooked while you wait. You will wait a while for your meal, but as a sign on their cart reminds you - good food takes time.

They offer a sundae dessert option, baklava, various gyro choices (including vegetarian) - fried pita chips, and more...

After barely being able to finish off my delicious Traditional Gyro, I can definitely say this is the *best* gyro I've ever had, and I will be back to check out some of their other options in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment