Thursday, December 22, 2011

Saigon Spicy Chicken Wings - Thien Nghi's - SW 3rd and Stark



During my recent visit to Yo-Yo and Lefty's, I noticed a cart I'd not seen before, parked right next to it, Thien Nghi's - They prominently offered beef and chicken Phở, and I'd been discussing Phở with my wife recently, trying to get her to try it.
I figured I'd check this cart out next, and today, I did...

Despite all this talk of Phở, the Spicy Saigon Chicken Wings were calling my name. (Well, not literally, that would be creepy.)

It's reasonably safe to say I'm a "hot wings enthusiast" - I love spicy chicken wings, usually the hotter the better.

Thien Nghi's offers their wings 3 for $3.50, served with some cucumber and tomato slices. I ordered six, because I know how I get when I have wings in front of me.

They are fried wings, yet the breading is light and they aren't greasy at all. The flavor is spectacular. A little hint of sweetness alongside a great combination of herbs, not too spicy, not too mild. Nice chunks of sliced garlic gloves abound, which I found to be a perfect touch. There is a cup of sauce served on the side to dip in if you like it hotter, and I made sure to make use of it.

Check out their menu here.
Bento, Phở, egg rolls, crepes, and those awesome wings - if their other food is anything like these wings, you're in for a treat. I'll certainly be back.

I finished up all six of my wings, the cucumber slices, and the tomato... and... I could eat more of these wings... though I probably shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment