Thursday, August 14, 2014

Asian Station - SW 2nd and Oak

Greetings! For today's lunch, I visited Asian Station - which has become a standard for me over the last couple of months they've been in operation.

This is located on the same stretch of SW 2nd Ave as Mama Chow's Kitchen, El Pijon, etc. I'm surprised I've not blogged it yet, as my punchcard toward a free meal is already at 9 out of 20, and... it's right by where I work.

The food here is well-portioned, reasonably priced, and most importantly - very fresh and tasty. It hasn't taken them long to gain a very loyal following - crowds are common, especially between noon and 1pm.

Offering salad rolls, fish rolls, fried tofu, your standard Thai rice dish combinations, some noodle dishes -- including Yakisoba -- and fantastic curry bowls you just have to try... everything I've had here has been top-notch.

Today, I had the Spicy Basil with Chicken, 'extra spicy' - it took them a week or three for me and a fellow coworker to chide them about the spice levels to where we were satisfied with the dripping-with-sweat results we wanted by ordering "extra spicy," - but they've got that formula down now. Don't worry, for those sane people out there, they do all levels from mild on up with no problem.

This particular dish uses ground chicken. Many of their chicken meals feature breaded chicken breast atop the meal, which is also amazing. Another thing I enjoy is that they use a single fried egg whenever a dish is listed with egg on it, so you can incorporate the egg into the dish however you see fit, or just eat it all at once if you prefer.
Nice to have the choice.
$6.00!!This is easily two meals worth of food, but it's so good I'll eat it all in one sitting, anyway.

The mother-daughter team working this cart are very friendly, and I can't stress enough how this is one of the best Thai carts in Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment