Thursday, February 16, 2012

BBQ Pork with Rice and Kimchi - A Taste of Korea - SW 3rd and Stark


It's a very rainy day today, and I didn't want to travel far, yet I also wanted to try a cart I've not been to. There is a Korean cart, "A Taste of Korea" - conveniently located in the pod on SW 3rd between Stark and Washington.

All their dishes are displayed with full color photographs, which is helpful, but can also leave you standing there drooling on yourself for a good ten minutes before placing your order.

Spicy BBQ Pork for me today, please. Looks delicious.
Within 5 minutes, I was handed an extremely heavy container of rice, BBQ pork, noodles, and Kimchi (or gimchi, kimchee, or kim chee, depending on who you talk to) - plus a small salad with dressing.

$6, and definitely enough food for two meals.

Spicy, flavorful, delicious - all of it. If it weren't for the fact that there was SO much food, I'd have been upset that I ran out of Kimchi so quickly, as this was the best I've had, ever... cleverly hidden in a small condiment cup alongside the other items. Mmm. I even poured the remaining 'juices' over my noodles to keep the flavor train running.

I'm impressed. Good stuff, good prices, friendly service... and another cart I can say "wow, I can't believe I didn't try this out sooner..."

No comments:

Post a Comment