Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tasty Pasty! London Pasty Company - Cartlandia - SE 82nd & Springwater


I was teleworking today, and due to some terribly unfortunately timed work-related issues, had very little time for lunch. I took off down the street to Cartlandia, a pod I've never visited before.

I got there early, it was barely after 11am. A few of the carts weren't open. The very nicely Union Jack decorated London Pasty Company was open and had a couple of customers.

The owner was authentic, as one can easily tell by her accent. I ordered the traditional pasty, which has ground beef and mashed potatoes. It was ready within seconds (one of the great things about pasties, she said) - and I had to hurry out of there and eat it at home.

It was DELICIOUS. Very flavorful, buttery crust, good portions. $6. They offer some veggie options, as well.

I'd love to have had more time to look around, there appear to be several good choices at this pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment