Friday, March 9, 2012

Al Pastor Burrito - Piñata - SW 3rd and Ash



A brand new Mexican Food cart opened up next to Big Ass Sandwiches this week, so I decided to try it out. Although there is no sign stating so, rumor has it the cart is "Piñata."

The menu is fairly standard fare for Mexican food, featuring tacos, burritos, rellenos, sopas, etc. Tacos $1.50, Burritos $5.50, certainly a bargain.

I ordered the Al Pastor Burrito, and it is MASSIVE. They grill the tortillas, which makes them 100% more awesome. The burrito contained rice, beans, onions, cheese, the meat (of course) - and, something of a surprise -- pineapple. It works, though.

They have their own red and green sauce, and I loved both of them - if anything, this sauce might cause me to prefer this cart when I'm in the mood for Mexican food.

On the way back to the office, I noticed another new cart has opened up on SW 2nd between Oak and Stark - hey, Mexican food! Maybe I'll try that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment