Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hawkfire Roast Beef Sandwich - Wagsys's Roast Beef - SW 5th and Oak


I must give another fond shout-out to Wagsy's, a cart I've blogged about before.
These guys are still fairly new on the scene, but they are awesome. This has rapidly become one of my favorite food carts.

Today, I had the Hawkfire, which is a roast beef sandwich glazed in Cholula sauce, with pepperjack cheese, fresh onions and cabbage, jalapenos, and Crema Mexicana.

Just look at this thing -- it's huge, fresh, delicious, and SPICY-SPICY-SPICY. They must have known I was coming, this had all the right ingredients.

They have new signs up indicating they are offering breakfast, which I'm sure is outstanding. Also, for St. Patrick's Day, they'll be offering their "Irish Bliss" sandwich on the 16th: Roast beef simmered in Guinness beer jus, white Irish cheddar, cabbage, and whole grain mustard.

I may have to visit them twice this week.

The guys are super friendly, and sometimes will even hand you a token good for $1 off a sandwich, or a free drink or chips. I enjoyed a free soda with my meal today, using one such token, and was given another for next time... they seem to know how to keep you coming back, as if the excellent food wasn't enough of an incentive.

They also very helpfully include, taped to your food box, a toothpick, and a wet-nap to wipe off your messy hands after consuming these monuments of culinary excellence.

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment