Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Beef Schawarma Plate - Pita Express - SW 3rd and Stark

Today, I did my walk down the SW 3rd Ave pod, and noticed two new carts... a new Thai cart, and -- where the beloved and sorely missed Happy Grillmore cart was, a new Pita/Lebanese establishment. Same cart, different occupants.

Naturally, I can't resist trying out a new cart when it arrives on the scene, and though I miss Happy Grillmore terribly (they have experienced great success serving Microsoft employees at the Redmond campus as of late) - I didn't hold it against them that they took over one of my favorites.


Offering Falafel, Beef/Chicken Schawarma, hummus, lebneh, batata, etc. - in both sandwich and plated forms - stuff for meat eaters and vegetarians alike.
They offer baklava for dessert, along with bananas and Nutella.

I ordered the Beef Schawarma plate, which came with salad, hummus, the beef schawarma (over rice), and a toasted pita. This is PLENTY of food.

The schwarama had a sweetness to it, and a definite fennel flavor, more than I can detect in most dishes from other establishments. Unique, and tasty. The rice was cooked perfectly, very flavorful and a nice accompaniment to the beef.

This is good stuff. Veggie pitas are $5, meat $6, and plates $7. I would venture to guess that a plate is for a super-sized appetite, and the smaller servings are more than enough for most, as I am not going to be able to finish this in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment