Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Shocker - Grilled Cheese Grill, SW 10th and Alder

Today's food cart adventure took me to a cart that has a presence in two other cart pods, apparently quite successful - one is a school bus, the other a double-decker bus - now they're downtown, though not in a bus.
The aptly named Grilled Cheese Grill has a bold, colorful sign, encouraging you to "come by for a taste of your childhood -- unless your childhood sucked, then we'll share a taste of ours..."

They feature -- you guessed it -- Grilled Cheese, in various forms. Different breads, cheeses, and ingredients are available to please any dairy-consuming individual.

I ordered "The Shocker" - a special on the whiteboard: Bacon, Provalone, Jalapenos, and Roasted Red Peppers on Sourdough.
Grilled cheese with bacon and jalapenos -- 'say no more...' This was quite a substantial sandwich, after the first half I was worried I might not be able to finish. It was rather tasty, though, and I showed that sandwich who was boss.

It was a nice, semi-cloudy Portland day and it wasn't raining, so I enjoyed my sandwich at the park across from the pod. Lots of other people were doing the same, and it appears that the park has finally shed the former crowds of shady characters that used to loiter there.
If you like grilled cheese, you'll like what this cart has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment