Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes -- Bacon Gorgonzola burger from Happy Grillmore


Today marks my first 'repeat' of a cart on my blog. Since the purpose of the blog isn't necessarily to catalog food carts in Portland, but rather to tell of the adventures I have eating at them (and plug the good ones, of course) - I don't see why I can't blog about a cart more than once.

I've previously mentioned my love of Happy Grillmore - Voted as Best Food Cart Burger in Portland, a well deserved honor, indeed.

Today is their last day here at the pod on SW 3rd between Stark and Washington, as they've been invited to bring their tasty sandwiches up to the Microsoft campus in Redmond. Darren and Kryse, the owners, were all smiles today, as they prepare to move on to this adventure - unfortunately for Portland, that means we'll be "Happy Grillmore-Free" until May. Sorry for the teaser, if you can't get there today.

Naturally, I had to stop by and have one of their award-winning burgers before they leave. One of today's specials was the Bacon Gorgonzola burger. To quote one of my favorite movies, "Mmhmmm, this is a tasty burger..."

Click here for the clip...


I've been to this cart many, many times - and never have I had sandwich I wouldn't describe as FANTASTIC.

So, good luck to them on their next adventure.

For tomorrow, the cart that used to be the dearly departed Gin Thai has opened up as "Salmon Fusion," which I just noticed walking by with my burger today. I'll have to try that out.

...and if you're going to be up near the Microsoft campus over the next few months, stop by and have one of Happy Grillmore's awesome offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment