Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Phở from Thien Nghi's on SW 3rd and Stark




Yes, I know, I visited this cart last week.
I couldn't get the Phở off my mind, though, so I found myself there again today.

I gained 15lbs from the time I left on my work trip to North Dakota, and this festive holiday season... so Phở seemed like a good way to start out the year, full of nutrients but not necessarily a carbfest of epic proportions - I'm trying to get rid of the festive holiday pounds, after all.

The thing that drew me to their Phở was the photos on the outside of the cart, tastefully displayed in plates, large chunks of meat... Naturally, you get your Phở in a round cardboard jug, since this is a cart, but the photos were, indeed, indicative of what to expect within.

This was the most meaty Phở I've had from a cart. This is a good thing. Sometimes, I've ordered it and they've left me channeling Clara Peller from the old 80's era Wendy's commercials.
(For those of you born in the 80's and beyond, this was Wendy's once very famous series of ads, featuring an old lady asking,"Where's The Beef?" when checking out competitors' burgers)

Where the real treat was, however, came when I added some of the hot sauce and plum sauce they provided to add to the mix.

WOW, this is GREAT plum sauce - probably the best I've tasted. MMm...

Here's to eating a more healthy cart-food diet while I recover from the excesses of the season. Stay tuned...

... and, hey, check out Thien Nghi's - so far, nothing but compliments on their offerings.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds absolutely scrumptious, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete