Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wagsy's - SW 5th and Oak - "Rip City" - Roast Beef with Garlic Sauteed Mushrooms



Today, I stopped by a brand new cart just opening up - Wagsy's - on Oak between SW 4th and 5th, in the spot formerly occupied by Spaghetti al Ragu.

Their menu is 'short and sweet,' but the sign claims "Wagsy's Hot Beef Sandwiches - simply the best."

Their offerings are simple - but doing simple things very well often pays off, as evidenced by many carts in Portland.

They offer a standard Philly Cheesesteak, a "Chi-Town Beef Dip" au jous dipped sandwich, a Maker's Mark infused Bourbon BBQ sauce on their "Beef-n-Bourbon," the "Rip City" (which is what I ordered) - Roast Beef covered with garlic-sauteed mushrooms... and even... *gasp* a VEGETARIAN sandwich featuring the garlic-sauteed mushrooms, peppers, cheese, and cabbage.

The beef on my sandwich was plentiful, and very tender - and the sauteed mushrooms were BIG CHUNKS of mushroom, instead of thin slices.

VERY good. Served open-faced on a delicious roll.
I ate the whole thing in record time.
(Pay no mind to the blog I did yesterday regarding losing weight, the temptation of trying a new cart was too much...)

To top it off, when I was handed my meal, it came with a octagonal yellow token for $1 off my next sandwich. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment