Thursday, October 27, 2011

BBQ Fusion on SW 10th and Alder - Beef Brisket



I went to lunch with a friend today, who also works downtown. The pods on Alder are closer to his place of business, and we were both intrigued by the smell of BBQ coming out of BBQ Fusion.

I'd never been to this cart, though I've passed by many times. The standards are there - brisket, pulled pork, ribs... beans, cole slaw. We both opted for the Beef Brisket Sandwich ($7) which came with cole slaw and baked beans.

The owner suggested using the Alabama White Sauce when he handed us our food... I was reluctant, but put some on -- good choice. VERY tasty, a good zing. The brisket was chunky and delicious.

The cole slaw was crisp, though a little bland compared to the other items. The beans had a nice smokey flavor to them... but WOW, was the brisket good.

I'm feeling weird that most of my cart food postings are very positive, but... I guess Portland's the food cart capital of the country for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment