Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Grillmore - Portland's Best Food Cart Burger

A rainy Portland day has arrived, so I wanted to stick close to my office for today's meal.

I headed up to SW 3rd between Stark and Washington, and Kryse's smiling face at Happy Grillmore landed me there, where I ordered what has been voted as Portland's Best Food Cart Burger.. "the Chubs."

I know burgers might not sound as 'exotic' as some of the other things I've blogged about so far -- but hear me out....

Their burgers are served on multigrain Ciabatta buns, which themselves are quite tasty, and sturdy -- something you can't say about a standard burger bun, and one of this caliber would certainly destroy a standard burger bun in a most unpleasant fashion.

The meat (Angus beef) is tender and has a great blend of spices and onions - it has some kick, and comes cooked how you want (I ordered mine medium-rare, an option I love having available) topped with mustard, your choice of cheese (I always go with Pepperjack, mmmm!) arugula, and fresh spinach leaves.

Disclaimer: I am a regular at this cart.

They frequently feature awesome daily specials (Kalua Pig, Duck Breast, Pulled Pork, Soups, to name a few) and their standard menu is mostly sandwiches, featuring turkey and bacon, (a heavenly combination), bacon and fried egg (again.. how can you go wrong?) - sausage, and more... add pineapple or avocado to any of these and it's always a treat.

The people who run the cart (Darren and Kryse) are very friendly and usually playing great music as they serve up their tasty meals. Sometimes you can even catch Kryse singing along... (she has a lovely voice). They're good about posting daily specials on Facebook for those who follow them, usually early on so you're aware before you head out to lunch. Their daily specials are ALWAYS amazing, from my experience.

Two thumbs up from this guy, I've always been impressed with anything I've ordered. Check out their website for a full menu and descriptions of all their great food.

Happy Grillmore

1 comment:

  1. If you like burgers you should try the Paul BrOnion or the Philly-Fry Bacon Burger from the sausage shack just a few carts down. Its on the corner of SW 3rd and Stark!

    ReplyDelete