Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The People's Pig: Milk braised Pork sandwich with carmelized onions



OK, let me get this out of the way -- The People's Pig is AWESOME.
This cart opened up in the parking lot across from my work quite a while back, and I became a regular almost instantly. Cliff, the owner, has a passion for pork and making the most deliciously mouth-watering pork sandwiches this town has to offer.
Unfortunately for me, but not for The People's Pig, they've moved to the much more populated pod at SW 9th and Alder, and scored a prime spot right on the corner.
I was walking around the pod looking to see what might be new to try, and passed by to see that today, they were offering a MILK BRAISED PORK SANDWICH !!!
Needless to say, I decided to stop my search for lunch right then and there.

Another special today: Batches of 'grandma's recipe' donuts... as much as I'd love to try them, I knew the sandwich was already going to be difficult to get down in one sitting.

Regularly offered is the Pancetta sandwich, which is awesome - and often, a Pork Cheesesteak sandwich - which was the one most often ordered by me in the days when it was within viewing distance of my office. Cliff mixes up the sandwiches from day to day, usually offering about 2-3 standards and a special of the day which always satisfies.

This cart is a *must* if you eat pork. The portions are generous, the food is fresh and delicious, prepared by a true artist and purveyor of pork. Just grab several napkins, you'll need them.

This milk braised pork is so good I almost feel like I'm doing something naughty eating it... and the carmelized onions really send it over the edge. MMMMmmmmmmm. I'm going to stop writing my blog and finish this incredible sandwich.




1 comment:

  1. OMG. That sounds so freaking good. See, stuff like that, I could get without bread for my non-wheat eating self, just slap it in a bowl and give me a fork!

    ReplyDelete