Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday - Filipino Food!


A new cart has emerged right by the corner of NW 9th and Alder, serving Filipino food. I've never really had Filipino food before, and asked a friend of mine for some pointers (She's half Filipino) and headed over to try it out.

Noah's Filipino Food

I stood staring at the menu for a while, wondering why the dishes my friend had mentioned weren't there, then I realized - they were all desserts, I was looking at their dessert menu (of which they have SIX desserts listed, which all looked very tasty)

Once I found the proper menu, I was pleased to find all three of the items my friend had mentioned, saying "If they don't have these, they shouldn't call themselves a Filipino cart."

Today, I tried the Lumpia (eggrolls), Pancit (thin noodles with some veggies) and Pork Adobo, which looked and smelled extremely appealing from where I was standing.

The eggrolls were a bit heartier than I was expecting, and I started filling up before I'd even gotten around to the pork, which was served in large chunks in a surprisingly savory sauce... they practically melted when a fork was stuck into them, and WOW, was it good. I have a feeling I'll be back for this dish a lot in the future.

As much as I wanted to try the desserts, I knew I wouldn't have enough room for them. I may be able to make a meal out of a couple Lumpia (I hope that's the proper plural) and leave room for dessert next time.

I'm so stuffed now, I think I need a nap. This was my first Filipino food experience, and it was a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeremy, thanks for doing this blog. I'm from Hawaii (a bunch of Filipinos there), and I'm interested to see how Noah's stacks up. I've hit up a bunch of carts myself and do my own food blog on the side. Keep up the great work, sir.

    ReplyDelete