Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bulkogi Fusion: Udon



Today as I wandered the pod on SW 5th between Oak and Stark, I decided to stop by "Bulkogi Fusion" - which is right on the corner at Stark.

This cart's been there a while, and I tried it out when they first opened, as it looked interesting. Their main attractions are the Korean Tacos/Burritos - pretty much a delicious way to deliver Korean food from a cart.

The "fusion" theme continues through some of their other dishes, where they tend to mix Japanese and Chinese dishes in with the more Korean-tinged ingredients for their own twist.
Teriyaki, potstickers, salad rolls, ramen, etc.

Their tacos and burritos are amazing, bursting with flavor, and everything is cooked for you right there after you order. They don't use oils or fat of any sort, it's just plain good stuff.

I decided to branch out and try to Udon today... never had it before.... and yes, I know it's a Japanese dish. ;)

Udon noodles with seaweed, mushrooms, 'fishcakes,' carrots, etc. The noodles were thick, and still had a bit of an 'al dente' texture to them. My only comparison would be to Pho, but without any meat, and much thicker noodles. Also, this is VERY spicy. The broth itself has quite a bit of zing to it.

As I'm eating it, it's pretty decent, but I think the next time I visit this cart, I'm going back to the delicious burritos or the kimchi quesadilla. Those are excellent.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered the pork ramen for lunch today and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete